Axle Hub Contact Springs
Important: To get started, click the blue "Filter Options" button to select your vehicle and then use the filters to narrow your options.
Important: To get started, select your vehicle on the left and then use the filters to narrow your options.
What are Axle Hub Contact Springs?
Axle Hub Contact Springs are components that help ensure the wheels on vehicles remain securely attached to the axles.
What is the purpose of Axle Hub Contact Springs?
Axle Hub Contact Springs help to keep the wheel attached to the axle and provide a cushion for the wheel when it moves.
How do I determine if my Axle Hub Contact Springs are faulty?
Faulty Axle Hub Contact Springs can be identified by inspecting for signs of wear, such as rust or corrosion. Additionally, if you experience difficulty when turning the wheel, it may be a sign that the Axle Hub Contact Springs are faulty.
Can a faulty Axle Hub Contact Spring cause damage?
Yes, a faulty Axle Hub Contact Spring can cause damage to the wheel, axle, and other components of the vehicle if it is not replaced.
How do I replace an Axle Hub Contact Spring?
Replacing an Axle Hub Contact Spring requires the following steps:
- Raise the vehicle using a jack, and secure it with jack stands.
- Remove the wheel and tire assembly.
- Remove the nuts, bolts, and screws that attach the Axle Hub Contact Spring to the axle.
- Install the new Axle Hub Contact Spring, making sure to use the correct nuts, bolts, and screws for the correct application.
- Reinstall the wheel and tire assembly.
- Lower the vehicle and test the wheel for proper operation.