Shocks and Struts
Important: To get started, click the blue "Filter Options" button to select your vehicle and then use the filters to narrow your options.
Important: To get started, select your vehicle on the left and then use the filters to narrow your options.
What are shocks and struts?
Shocks and struts are suspension components that help provide a smooth ride and improved handling by dampening the bouncing of the car’s body as it moves across the road.
How can I tell if my shocks and struts are faulty?
Signs of faulty shocks and struts include an uneven ride, vehicle swaying, and excessive bouncing after hitting a bump. It is also possible for the car to pull in one direction, or for the tires to wear unevenly.
Can a faulty shock or strut cause damage?
Yes, a faulty shock or strut can cause additional damage to the vehicle’s suspension components, tires, and steering system.
How do I replace a shock or strut?
- Raise the car with a jack, and then support it with jack stands.
- Remove the wheel and tire, and then disconnect the shock or strut.
- Unbolt the old shock or strut, and then remove it.
- Install the new shock or strut, and then bolt it in place.
- Reconnect the shock or strut, and then install the wheel and tire.
- Lower the car from the jack stands, and then test it.