Brake Master Cylinder O-Rings
Important: To get started, click the blue "Filter Options" button to select your vehicle and then use the filters to narrow your options.
Important: To get started, select your vehicle on the left and then use the filters to narrow your options.
What are Brake Master Cylinder O-Rings?
Brake Master Cylinder O-Rings are rubber gaskets that are used to seal the two halves of a brake master cylinder, preventing brake fluid from leaking.
How do I know if my Brake Master Cylinder O-Ring is faulty?
If you notice a leak of brake fluid around the master cylinder, it is likely that the O-Ring is faulty. You may also see signs of wear or cracking on the O-Ring itself.
Will a faulty Brake Master Cylinder O-Ring cause damage?
Yes, a faulty O-Ring can cause further damage to the brake system as brake fluid will be able to escape and can cause corrosion or other issues.
How do I replace a Brake Master Cylinder O-Ring?
To replace a Brake Master Cylinder O-Ring, you will need to:
- Remove the master cylinder from the car and separate the two halves.
- Remove the old O-Ring and inspect for signs of wear or damage.
- Clean the master cylinder to remove any debris or old brake fluid.
- Place the new O-Ring in the groove and lubricate with brake fluid.
- Reassemble the master cylinder, being sure to tighten any bolts.
- Refill the master cylinder with new brake fluid and bleed the system.