Carburetor Choke Tube Gaskets
Important: To get started, click the blue "Filter Options" button to select your vehicle and then use the filters to narrow your options.
Important: To get started, select your vehicle on the left and then use the filters to narrow your options.
What is a Carburetor Choke Tube Gasket?
A Carburetor Choke Tube Gasket is a part that is used to seal the choke tube of the carburetor and the intake manifold, which helps to reduce air pollution from the vehicle.
How can I determine if my Carburetor Choke Tube Gasket is faulty?
If your Carburetor Choke Tube Gasket is faulty, you may notice a decrease in your vehicle's performance, engine misfires, stalling, or an increase in emissions. It is also possible to visually inspect the gasket to determine if it is cracked, torn, or worn.
Can a faulty Carburetor Choke Tube Gasket cause damage?
Yes, a faulty Carburetor Choke Tube Gasket can cause a significant decrease in engine performance and can cause damage to other parts of the vehicle.
How do I replace a Carburetor Choke Tube Gasket?
To replace a Carburetor Choke Tube Gasket, you should:
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal
- Disconnect the vacuum hoses from the carburetor
- Remove the carburetor from the intake manifold
- Unscrew the choke tube from the carburetor
- Peel off the old gasket
- Apply a thin layer of sealant to the choke tube
- Place the new gasket onto the choke tube
- Reinstall the choke tube onto the carburetor
- Reinstall the carburetor onto the intake manifold
- Connect the vacuum hoses to the carburetor
- Connect the negative battery terminal