Coil Boot Kits
Important: To get started, click the blue "Filter Options" button to select your vehicle and then use the filters to narrow your options.
Important: To get started, select your vehicle on the left and then use the filters to narrow your options.
What are Coil Boot Kits?
Coil Boot Kits are components of a car's ignition system. They are rubber or plastic caps that cover the spark plug wires and ignition coils to protect them from dirt and water.
What is the purpose of a Coil Boot Kit?
Coil Boot Kits are designed to protect the spark plug wires and ignition coils from dirt and water and prevent them from getting damaged.
How do I determine if my Coil Boot Kit is faulty?
If your Coil Boot Kit is cracked, worn, or damaged in any way, it may be faulty. You can also check for any signs of corrosion or water damage on the spark plug wires or ignition coils.
Can a faulty Coil Boot Kit cause damage?
Yes, a faulty Coil Boot Kit can cause damage to the spark plug wires and ignition coils, and can also lead to engine misfires or other problems.
How do I replace a Coil Boot Kit?
Replacing a Coil Boot Kit is relatively easy. Here are the steps:
- Disconnect the negative terminal of the battery.
- Remove the spark plug wires from the spark plugs.
- Remove the old Coil Boot Kit from the spark plug wires.
- Install the new Coil Boot Kit onto the spark plug wires.
- Connect the spark plug wires to the spark plugs.
- Reconnect the negative terminal of the battery.