Drive Motor Inverters
Important: To get started, click the blue "Filter Options" button to select your vehicle and then use the filters to narrow your options.
Important: To get started, select your vehicle on the left and then use the filters to narrow your options.
What is a drive motor inverter?
A drive motor inverter is an electronic device that converts direct current (DC) from the battery into alternating current (AC) for the purpose of powering the electric motor of a vehicle.
How do I know if my drive motor inverter is faulty?
If your drive motor inverter is faulty, you may notice symptoms such as:
- Reduced performance or stalling of the electric motor
- Reduced fuel efficiency
- Electric motor failure
- Dimming or flickering of interior vehicle lights
Can a faulty drive motor inverter cause damage to my vehicle?
Yes, a faulty drive motor inverter can cause damage to your vehicle, such as reduced performance, electric motor failure, or stalling.
How do I replace my drive motor inverter?
Replacing your drive motor inverter is a complicated procedure and should be done by a professional mechanic. The steps for replacing a drive motor inverter are as follows:
- Disconnect the negative battery cable
- Unplug the wiring harness from the drive motor inverter
- Remove the screws or bolts from the drive motor inverter
- Install the new drive motor inverter
- Reconnect the wiring harness
- Reconnect the negative battery cable