Engine Camshaft Gaskets
Important: To get started, click the blue "Filter Options" button to select your vehicle and then use the filters to narrow your options.
Important: To get started, select your vehicle on the left and then use the filters to narrow your options.
What are engine camshaft gaskets?
Engine camshaft gaskets are seals that fit between the camshaft and the engine head to help prevent oil and other fluids from leaking.
What is the purpose of engine camshaft gaskets?
The purpose of engine camshaft gaskets is to provide an airtight seal between the camshaft and the engine head, preventing oil and other fluids from leaking out.
How can I tell if my engine camshaft gasket is faulty?
If your engine camshaft gasket is faulty, you may notice oil or other fluid leaks around the engine head. You may also notice a decrease in engine performance, as well as an increase in engine noise.
Can a faulty engine camshaft gasket cause damage?
Yes, a faulty engine camshaft gasket can cause damage to other parts of the engine if it is not replaced in a timely manner.
How do I replace my engine camshaft gasket?
To replace your engine camshaft gasket, you will need to:
- Remove the spark plugs to relieve the pressure in the engine cylinders.
- Remove the valve cover and disconnect any wiring connected to the camshaft.
- Remove the camshaft and old gasket, and clean the surface.
- Install the new gasket and camshaft, and replace the valve cover and spark plugs.
- Re-connect any wiring that was disconnected.