Exhaust Manifold Gaskets
Important: To get started, click the blue "Filter Options" button to select your vehicle and then use the filters to narrow your options.
Important: To get started, select your vehicle on the left and then use the filters to narrow your options.
What is an exhaust manifold gasket?
An exhaust manifold gasket is a seal between the engine and the exhaust manifold. It prevents exhaust leaks and helps to insulate the manifold from heat.
What are the signs of a faulty exhaust manifold gasket?
Signs of a faulty exhaust manifold gasket include visible cracks or damage to the gasket, exhaust leaks, and a decrease in engine performance.
Can a faulty exhaust manifold gasket cause damage to my vehicle?
Yes, a faulty exhaust manifold gasket can cause damage to the engine if left unchecked. Exhaust gases can leak into the engine, causing it to run hot and potentially overheat. Additionally, a faulty gasket can also cause a decrease in engine performance.
How do I replace an exhaust manifold gasket?
1) Park your vehicle and let it cool down.
2) Disconnect the negative battery cable.
3) Remove the exhaust manifold bolts and the gasket.
4) Apply a thin layer of sealant to the new gasket.
5) Place the new gasket onto the manifold and attach the manifold bolts.
6) Tighten the bolts to the manufacturer's specifications.
7) Reconnect the negative battery cable.
How often should I inspect my exhaust manifold gasket?
You should inspect your exhaust manifold gasket at least once a year or during routine maintenance. Look for signs of wear and tear, such as cracks or damage, as well as any exhaust leaks.