Fuel Lift Pumps
Important: To get started, click the blue "Filter Options" button to select your vehicle and then use the filters to narrow your options.
Important: To get started, select your vehicle on the left and then use the filters to narrow your options.
What is a fuel lift pump?
A fuel lift pump is a pump that pumps fuel from the fuel tank to the engine. It is usually located inside the fuel tank and is essential for the operation of the engine.
What are the signs of a faulty fuel lift pump?
Signs of a faulty fuel lift pump include:
- Engine misfiring or cutting out,
- Difficulty starting the engine,
- Low fuel pressure,
- Erratic or no fuel pressure,
- Poor engine performance, and
- A high-pitched whining sound coming from the fuel tank.
Can a faulty fuel lift pump cause damage?
Yes, a faulty fuel lift pump can cause damage to the engine. If left unchecked, it can cause significant engine damage and even a complete engine failure.
How do you replace a fuel lift pump?
Replacing a fuel lift pump is a relatively simple process. You will need to:
- Drain the fuel tank,
- Disconnect the fuel line,
- Remove the old fuel lift pump,
- Install the new fuel lift pump,
- Reconnect the fuel line, and
- Refill the fuel tank.