Important: To get started, click the blue "Filter Options" button to select your vehicle and then use the filters to narrow your options.
Important: To get started, select your vehicle on the left and then use the filters to narrow your options.
What are HVAC filters?
HVAC filters are parts of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems that are designed to capture and remove pollutants and contaminants from the air before it is circulated throughout your home or vehicle.
What is the purpose of HVAC filters?
The primary purpose of HVAC filters is to improve the indoor air quality by removing harmful pollutants and contaminants from the air. These filters help to keep your home or vehicle clean and safe to breathe in.
How can I determine if my HVAC filter is faulty?
Some common signs that your HVAC filter may be faulty include decreased airflow, increased dust or debris in your home or vehicle, and a musty or stale smell. If you notice any of these signs, it may be time to replace your filter.
Can a faulty HVAC filter cause damage to my vehicle or HVAC system?
Yes, a faulty HVAC filter can cause damage to your vehicle or HVAC system by allowing pollutants and contaminants to build up in the system, which can lead to reduced efficiency, increased wear and tear, and other issues. It is important to replace your HVAC filter regularly to avoid these problems.
How often should I inspect my HVAC filter?
It is recommended that you inspect your HVAC filter at least once a month, and replace it every three months or as recommended by the manufacturer.
How do I replace my HVAC filter?
To replace your HVAC filter, follow these steps:
- Turn off your HVAC system.
- Locate the filter compartment, which is typically near the air handler or furnace.
- Remove the old filter and dispose of it properly.
- Insert the new filter, making sure to follow any installation instructions provided by the manufacturer.
- Turn on your HVAC system and test the new filter to make sure it is working properly.
What types of HVAC filters are available?
There are several types of HVAC filters available, including:
- Fiberglass filters
- the most common and affordable type of filter
- Pleated filters
- provide better filtration than fiberglass filters and last longer
- HEPA filters
- high-efficiency filters that are effective at removing small particles from the air
- Electrostatic filters
- use a static charge to capture particles and are washable and reusable.