Ignition Distributor Seals
Important: To get started, click the blue "Filter Options" button to select your vehicle and then use the filters to narrow your options.
Important: To get started, select your vehicle on the left and then use the filters to narrow your options.
What is an Ignition Distributor Seal?
An Ignition Distributor Seal is a rubber-like seal that fits over the Ignition Distributor to keep dirt, moisture, and other contaminants from entering the engine.
What is the purpose of an Ignition Distributor Seal?
The purpose of an Ignition Distributor Seal is to protect the internal components of the Ignition Distributor from damage caused by dirt, moisture, and other debris.
How do I know if my Ignition Distributor Seal is faulty?
You may notice a decrease in performance of the vehicle, such as rough idling or misfiring. You can also visually inspect the seal for signs of wear or damage, such as cracks or torn edges.
Can a faulty Ignition Distributor Seal cause damage to my engine?
Yes, if a faulty Ignition Distributor Seal is not replaced, it can cause dirt, moisture, and other contaminants to enter your engine and cause damage.
How do I replace my Ignition Distributor Seal?
- Remove the distributor cap and rotor.
- Loosen the screws that hold the Ignition Distributor in place.
- Carefully remove the old seal from the Ignition Distributor.
- Clean the distributor and the area around the seal.
- Install the new seal, making sure it is properly seated.
- Re-install the rotor and distributor cap.
- Tighten the screws that hold the Ignition Distributor in place.
How often should I inspect my Ignition Distributor Seal?
It is recommended that you inspect your Ignition Distributor Seal at least once a year to make sure it is in good condition and functioning properly.