Leaf Spring Bumper Spacers
Important: To get started, click the blue "Filter Options" button to select your vehicle and then use the filters to narrow your options.
Important: To get started, select your vehicle on the left and then use the filters to narrow your options.
What is a Leaf Spring Bumper Spacer?
A Leaf Spring Bumper Spacer is a part used to space the leaf spring from the axle housing. It is made of rubber and is designed to absorb shock and vibration from the axle and leaf spring.
What are the benefits of using Leaf Spring Bumper Spacers?
Leaf Spring Bumper Spacers provide several benefits, including:
- Absorbing shock and vibration from the axle and leaf spring,
- Reducing wear on the axle assembly,
- Reducing noise from the suspension system,
- Improving road handling and stability, and
- Improving the overall ride quality.
How can I tell if my Leaf Spring Bumper Spacers are faulty?
There are several signs that may indicate a faulty Leaf Spring Bumper Spacer. These include:
- Excessive noise from the suspension system,
- Unusual vibrations or shaking while driving,
- Uneven tire wear, and
- A visible gap between the leaf spring and the axle housing.
Can a faulty Leaf Spring Bumper Spacer cause damage?
Yes, a faulty Leaf Spring Bumper Spacer can cause damage to the axle assembly and other suspension components. If left unchecked, it can lead to increased wear and tear on the axle, as well as premature failure of the suspension system.
How do I replace a Leaf Spring Bumper Spacer?
Replacing a Leaf Spring Bumper Spacer is relatively straightforward and can be done in a few simple steps.
- Start by jacking up the vehicle and securing it on axle stands.
- Remove the bolts that hold the Leaf Spring Bumper Spacer in place.
- Install the new Leaf Spring Bumper Spacer and secure it with the bolts.
- Reinstall the axle housing, leaf spring, and any other components that were removed.
- Lower the vehicle and torque the bolts to the manufacturer’s specifications.
How often should I inspect my Leaf Spring Bumper Spacers?
Leaf Spring Bumper Spacers should be inspected at least once a year, or whenever you notice any signs of wear or damage. It’s also a good idea to inspect them whenever you are servicing the suspension system.