MagnaFlow exhaust systems are designed for truck owners who want to make modifications to their car’s current exhaust system. This is done to make their car sound louder than normal. MagnaFlow offers a wide range of products that can boost the volume of your truck’s existing exhaust system.
There are mufflers designed to amplify your truck’s sound. An amplified volume can make your car’s engine sound more powerful, making other motorists notice your car when driving on the road.
Please note that the modification needs to be done perfectly to make your car’s exhaust system sound loud. If you have any questions, feel free to text our team at 281-761-6097.
- Which exhaust system works for your vehicle
- Top-selling MagnaFlow exhaust systems
- Why you should upgrade your exhaust system
- How to make your exhaust system louder
- Frequently asked questions
Which exhaust system works for your vehicle
A high-quality exhaust system such as one from MagnaFlow can free some power in your engine. It can also create an efficient path for the exhaust gas to escape, making your engine breathe better. This creates more power when more air and fuel are burnt out.
When buying the exhaust system, choose a system design with stainless steel or aluminized steel for maximum durability. Another thing to check is the diameter of the pipe, especially if you’re using performance parts. Keep in mind that extra-large pipes can affect your car’s performance.
Types of exhaust systems & the sound they produce
There are many types of exhaust systems available in the market. Let’s take a look at these systems and the sound they produce.
- Single exit pipe– Its the most common type of exhaust pipe as it cost-effective. The pipe also removes exhaust gas from your vehicle’s engine perfectly and has a subdued sound. Single exit system is perfect for truck owners who don’t like loud noises.
- Dual rear exit – This system has two pipes located at the back of the car on both sides. The type of sound produced depends on the diameter of the pipes. If you love a deeper sound, go for pipes with a smaller diameter.
- Opposite dual exhaust – With this system, the exit pipes are located near the bumper rear. This makes them invisible, which is why most peopel like them. This type of exhaust can make your truck sound more aggressive because they emit a very deep sound.
- Dual side exhaust – This exhaust system is found on vehicles that tow heavy items as the design makes it beneficial for this task. With other systems, the exhaust gas is likely to be directed towards the towed object. However, with the dual side exhaust, the gas will be directed away from the object. The exhaust sound is similar to that of the dual rear exit system.
- High-performance exhaust – High-performance systems such as those from MagnaFlow are available as an aftermarket upgrade. Although they are expensive, a lot of people like them because they enhance the engine’s performance. They also improve their efficiency and provide a unique sound.
Parts of an exhaust system
The exhaust system plays a crucial role in keeping your car’s occupants safe. There’s the risk of dangerous fumes penetrating inside your car when the exhaust system isn’t functioning properly. Exposure to these fumes can cause dangerous symptoms such as headache, shortness of breath, and even death.
- Exhaust manifold – The exhaust manifold collects gas from the cylinder head and sends it to a single exhaust pipe. Its size varies depending on the make and model. For instance, some makes and models have an exhaust designed with multiple pipes tied together while in other models, the manifold features a one-piece cast iron design with several channels or built-in ports.
- Catalytic converter – This device ensures the number of dangerous gases and pollutants are at a minimal level. When the catalytic converter goes bad, just replace it instead of removing the old unit. If you fail to replace it, your entire system can be considered illegal.
- Muffler – Mufflers connect to the exhaust system directly and decrease and reroute sound. They have different components including a backbox and one or multiple tailpipes. Modern mufflers allow the sound waves to cancel out each other thus reflecting the waves that are formed by the truck’s engine.
- Resonator – A resonator has a cylinder tube design that reduces noise. Unlike mufflers, resonators can only reroute a small amount of fumes, which can create issues when passing an emmissions test. However, resonators free up horsepower without burning excesive amounts of fuel hence minimizing backpressure.
Top-selling MagnaFlow exhaust systems
MagnaFlow exhaust systems improve gas mileage and engine performance as they do not restrict exhaust flow. The following table shows the systems are designed with solid stainless steel for added durability and are engineered robotically for high precision.
Competition series muffler
- The manufacturer’s guarantee of excellent performance and superior quality of parts
- High torque exhaust system for enhanced performance and horsepower
- The mandrel bent tubing for unrestricted exhaust flow
- Custom-made for specific car models
- The unrestricted exhaust flow that improves gas mileage and engine performance
- Does not restrict extra insulation or airflow from high exhaust temperatures
- Tested for performance, weight balance and safety through different road conditions
- Manufactured and engineered robotically for high precision
Corrosion-resistant black coat finish
- The stainless steel wool layer that insulates the core to prevent blowouts by absorbing sound waves and excess heat
- Delivers smooth flow with maximum temperature and noise insulation
- The mandrel tubing that allows a smooth flow of waves and gases to prevent backpressure
- The included hardware for quick and easy bolt-on installation
Smooth, deep sound
- The straight-through design that runs through end to end with no chambers, baffles or louvres to restrict airflow
- The exhaust system tubing maintains the same diameter throughout while boosting your engine’s performance
- Gives a deep tone but remains quiet in the interior
- Made with stainless steel for superior strength and durability
Perfect for highly modified suspension systems
- Maintains the same diameter throughout to prevent backflow and back pressure
- Careful lymanufactured with high levels of precision for excellent quality
- Boost your car’s torque, horsepower and performance
- Installs easily on air-bagged, lifted or lowered trucks
4″ DPF filter-back exhaust
- Straight-through muffler that gives a deep and moderate tone
- Prevents back pressure, allowing the engine to function at an optimal speed
- Passed through several dyno tests to ensure it performs and increases your truck’s performance
- Easy to install with no welding required
Race series axle-back exhaust system
- Has no muffler to ensure optimal engine performance and maximum exhaust flow with no restrictions
- Made with high precision to ensure you get a perfect fit and an excellent quality product
- Comes with clamps and hangers for an easy and quick installation
- Made with solid stainless steel for added durability and superior strength
Sport series cat-back system
- Designed to maintain the same exhaust flow throughout while ensuring no areas are restricted
- Dual split rear exit that ensures you get remarkable torque and horsepower
- Tested in different settings to ensure it maintains its quality
- Perfect replacement exhaust system for European cars
Street series axle-back exhaust system
- Great replacement exhaust system for domestic American trucks designed for street use
- Delivers incredible engine performance with maximum horsepower and torque
- The mandrel-bent tubing prevent restrictions that can increase pressure and slow down the exhaust
- Maintains a quiet interior and gives moderate sound
The CNC robotic manufacturing
- Delivers smooth flow and deep tone with maximum temperature and noise insulation
- The straight-through muffler that filters out excess heat and aggressive noise that can cause blowouts.
- Each part is designed and cut with high precision for a perfect fit
- Allows smooth flow of exhaust gases
Street series crossmember-back system
- Built to replace your system in some early models from the header or manifold all the way to the tailpipes
- The stainless steel core with wool that insulates it from vibrations and temperatures that can cause blow-outs
- The included Tru-X crossover pipe that balances airflow without restricting it for superior horsepower
- Prevents backflow which can reduce engine performance and slow down the system
Touring series cat-back exhaust system
- Has a dual rear split exit and four polished stainless steel tips
- Comes with all hardware needed for installation
- Dyno tested to ensure it works well on your truck
Why you should upgrade your exhaust system
Most manufacturers include a standard exhaust system that can only serve your vehicle’s basic functions. Here are reasons why you should upgrade your system. A new exhaust system:
Improves your vehicle’s value and image
A new exhaust system means less expensive and fewer repairs as it is built with robust stainless steel for longevity. Even if any part needs replacement, the task will be cheaper and quicker. This convenience boosts the value of your car to potential future buyers.
A new system can also make your truck sound and look better. Consider the difference between a high-performance exhaust system and an older one. The former is a car that proclaims to the passers-by a taste of power and luxury plus a unique style.
Improves your carbon footprint
Older systems are less fuel-efficient plus the chemicals in such systems contribute to atmospheric gases that cause climate change. Replacing your older exhaust with a new fuel-efficient one helps save the planet.
While some people are not incentivized by environmental benefits, a fuel-efficient system will save you thousands of dollars at the pump.
The longer your gas lasts, the easier it will be on your wallet whether you are driving on the highway or towing weight. Although a new system may seem like a huge investment, it will pay for itself in gas savings over time.
Improves your engine’s function
Just like people function better when they are breathing well, truck engines also do the same when their systems are functioning properly. A quality exhaust system is crucial to your engine’s function as it enables it to function better.
The system also allows the engine to breathe effortlessly thus improving its performance. When air moves in and out of the engine easily, more of your engine’s power can be channeled to other functions.
Likewise, an old exhaust is a major cost to your truck’s overall performance because the engine works harder to push air in and out of all the chambers.
How to make your exhaust system louder
MagnaFlow offers numerous products you can use to make your vehicle sound louder than normal. Let’s take a look at some of those products.
People that want more bass from their ride can opt for these high-performance systems as they replace everything from the tips to the catalytic converters. Cat-backs remove certain restrictions and also increase the diameter of the exhaust, resulting in enhanced performance and sound.
However, cat-backs are designed for certain models. Note that some models offer fewer cat-back systems while others offer a variety. Some even eliminate the resonators, making the exhaust louder.
A set of quality headers can eliminate noise insulation and speed up the exhaust flow. However, the size of the collectors and tubes of the headers matter because they help increase the sound.
For example, long tubes cost more but offer higher power while short tubes offer lower power. However, they increase performance and produce a good sound.
Remove the muffler
You can also remove the muffler to improve the sound. However, it’s not advisable to commute in a car that lacks a muffler system. It’s even illegal in most/all areas of the country. Going against or disregarding such regulations can result in hundreds of dollars worth of fines.