Spark Plug Tubes
Important: To get started, click the blue "Filter Options" button to select your vehicle and then use the filters to narrow your options.
Important: To get started, select your vehicle on the left and then use the filters to narrow your options.
What is a spark plug tube?
A spark plug tube is part of an ignition system that seals and insulates the spark plug. It is designed to keep engine oil away from the spark plug and to prevent the spark plug from leaking.
How do I know if my spark plug tube is faulty?
If your spark plug tube is faulty, you may experience a decrease in engine performance, such as a misfire. You may also notice oil leaking near the spark plug or a burning smell that is coming from the engine.
Can a faulty spark plug tube cause damage?
Yes, a faulty spark plug tube can cause severe damage to the engine if it is not replaced.
How do I replace a spark plug tube?
- Disconnect the battery and disable the ignition switch.
- Remove the spark plug wires from the spark plugs.
- Unscrew the spark plug tube from the cylinder head.
- Clean and inspect the spark plug tube for any damage.
- Install the new spark plug tube, making sure that it is securely tightened in place.
- Reconnect the spark plug wires and turn the ignition switch back on.