Steering Drag Link Repair Kits
Important: To get started, click the blue "Filter Options" button to select your vehicle and then use the filters to narrow your options.
Important: To get started, select your vehicle on the left and then use the filters to narrow your options.
What is a steering drag link repair kit?
A steering drag link repair kit includes all the necessary parts to repair a faulty steering drag link. It typically includes a new drag link, new bushings, and any other required components.
What is a steering drag link?
A steering drag link is a component that connects the steerable wheels on the driver's side of a vehicle to its steering box. It helps ensure that the wheels are in sync with the steering wheel and respond accurately to its movements.
What are the signs that a steering drag link needs to be repaired?
The signs that a steering drag link needs to be repaired can vary but typically include: excessive play in the steering wheel, difficulty turning or steering, a noticeable clunking or popping sound when turning, and alignment issues with the wheels.
Can a faulty steering drag link cause damage?
Yes, a faulty steering drag link can cause damage to other steering components and to the frame of the vehicle. It can also cause safety issues such as difficulty steering and increased stopping distances.
How often should I inspect my steering drag link?
Steering drag link should be inspected at least once a year or every 12,000 miles, whichever comes first.
How do I replace a steering drag link repair kit?
- Park the vehicle on a level surface with the engine off and the handbrake engaged.
- Remove the wheel and tire assembly from the vehicle.
- Disconnect the steering drag link from the steering box and the wheel hub.
- Install the new drag link, bushings, and any other required components.
- Reattach the steering drag link to the steering box and the wheel hub.
- Reinstall the wheel and tire assembly.
- Check the steering system for proper operation.
Are steering drag link repair kits universal?
No, steering drag link repair kits are not universal. It is important to ensure that the kit you purchase is compatible with your make and model of vehicle.