Important: To get started, click the blue "Filter Options" button to select your vehicle and then use the filters to narrow your options.
Important: To get started, select your vehicle on the left and then use the filters to narrow your options.
What is a tailgate handle?
A tailgate handle is a part of a vehicle's body that is used to open and close the tailgate or midgate of a car.
What is the purpose of a tailgate handle?
The purpose of a tailgate handle is to provide a secure way to open and close the tailgate or midgate of a car.
How do I know if my tailgate handle is faulty?
There are several signs of a faulty tailgate handle, including:
- Difficulty opening or closing the tailgate or midgate;
- Unusual noises when opening or closing the tailgate or midgate;
- Visible damage or corrosion to the handle.
Can a faulty tailgate handle cause damage?
Yes, a faulty tailgate handle can cause damage to other parts of the car, such as the latch or hinge.
How do I replace a tailgate handle?
To replace a tailgate handle, you will need the following tools and supplies:
- A replacement tailgate handle;
- A flat-head screwdriver;
- A Phillips-head screwdriver;
- WD-40 or other lubricant;
- A rag.
To replace the tailgate handle:
- Remove the old tailgate handle using the screwdrivers;
- Clean the area around the old handle with the rag and the WD-40;
- Install the new tailgate handle, lining up the screws with the holes;
- Secure the new handle with the screws;
- Test the new handle to make sure it is working properly.