Important: To get started, click the blue "Filter Options" button to select your vehicle and then use the filters to narrow your options.
Important: To get started, select your vehicle on the left and then use the filters to narrow your options.
What is a tailgate?
A tailgate is the panel at the back of a pickup truck that can be lowered or opened to allow access to the bed of the truck.
What is the purpose of a tailgate?
The purpose of a tailgate is to provide access to the bed of the truck for hauling cargo, as well as to provide support for cargo when the bed is loaded.
How can I tell if my tailgate is faulty?
A faulty tailgate may show signs of wear and tear, such as rust, dents, or cracks. Additionally, it may not open or close properly, or may not latch securely.
Can a faulty tailgate cause damage?
Yes, a faulty tailgate can cause damage to your truck. If a tailgate is not properly secured, cargo may fall out of the bed of the truck, potentially causing damage to the tailgate, or to the items themselves.
How do I replace a tailgate?
Replacing a tailgate is a fairly simple process, but requires some basic tools.
- Disconnect the tailgate cables and pull the tailgate away from the truck.
- Remove the bolts that secure the tailgate to the truck.
- Place the new tailgate in position and secure it with the bolts.
- Reconnect the tailgate cables.
- Make sure the tailgate is properly secured and latches correctly.