Hoses and Pipes
Important: To get started, click the blue "Filter Options" button to select your vehicle and then use the filters to narrow your options.
Important: To get started, select your vehicle on the left and then use the filters to narrow your options.
What are hoses and pipes?
Hoses and pipes are components of a vehicle's transmission system that help to transfer fluids from one part to another. They typically consist of a flexible tube with an inner lining and a metal or plastic outer shell.
What is the purpose of hoses and pipes?
Hoses and pipes are used to transfer various liquids within the transmission system. These liquids can include engine oil, transmission fluid, coolant and brake fluid.
How can I tell if my hoses and pipes are faulty?
If your hoses and pipes are faulty they can start to leak fluids. This can be easily seen as a visible puddle of liquid underneath your vehicle. Additionally, if you notice a decrease in performance or an increase in engine temperature, it could be because of a faulty hose or pipe.
Can a faulty hose or pipe cause damage to my car?
Yes, a faulty hose or pipe can cause a number of issues for your car. It can lead to loss of power, decreased fuel efficiency, and even engine damage if left unresolved.
How do I replace a faulty hose or pipe?
- Locate the faulty hose or pipe.
- Release any clamps or bolts that may be holding the hose or pipe in place.
- Remove the old hose or pipe and discard.
- Install the new hose or pipe and make sure it is properly secured.
- Reattach any clamps or bolts that were removed.
- Check for any leaks and tighten any connections as necessary.