Turn Signal / Parking Light Assemblies
Important: To get started, click the blue "Filter Options" button to select your vehicle and then use the filters to narrow your options.
Important: To get started, select your vehicle on the left and then use the filters to narrow your options.
What is a turn signal / parking light assembly?
A turn signal/parking light assembly is a combination of lights, lenses, and wiring that enable a vehicle to signal its turning direction and to illuminate its parking lights.
What is the purpose of a turn signal / parking light assembly?
The primary purpose of a turn signal/parking light assembly is to enable a vehicle to signal its turning direction to other drivers. The parking lights are used to illuminate the vehicle and make it more visible to other drivers.
How do I determine if my turn signal / parking light assembly is faulty?
To determine ifyour turn signal/parking light assembly is faulty, you should inspect the following:
- the wiring on the assembly and ensure that it is securely connected,
- the lenses and bulbs of the assembly to ensure that they are not cracked or burnt out,
- the turn signal switch to ensure that it is functioning properly.
Can a faulty turn signal / parking light assembly cause damage?
Yes, a faulty turn signal/parking light assembly can cause damage. It can potentially lead to electrical short circuits and may affect the performance of other electrical components in the vehicle.
How do I replace my turn signal / parking light assembly?
Replacing a turn signal/parking light assembly is a relatively straightforward process. To replace it, you will need the following tools:
- a screwdriver,
- a wrench or socket set,
- a pair of pliers.
Once you have the necessary tools, you should:
- disconnect the negative battery cable,
- remove the existing assembly by unscrewing the mounting screws,
- disconnect the wiring from the assembly,
- install the new assembly by connecting the wiring and screwing the mounting screws into place,
- re-connect the negative battery cable.