Wheel Hub Screws
Important: To get started, click the blue "Filter Options" button to select your vehicle and then use the filters to narrow your options.
Important: To get started, select your vehicle on the left and then use the filters to narrow your options.
What is a wheel hub screw?
A wheel hub screw is a fastener used to hold a wheel hub assembly in place. It is typically made of steel and is used in conjunction with other fasteners, such as lug nuts and washers.
What is the purpose of a wheel hub screw?
The wheel hub screw is used to keep the wheel hub assembly in place and secure it to the axle. It helps to keep the wheel hub from moving and ensures that the wheel is connected properly.
How can I tell if my wheel hub screw is faulty?
Visually inspect the wheel hub screw to check for any signs of wear or damage. If the wheel hub screw is loose or shows any signs of corrosion or rust, it may be time to replace it.
Can a faulty wheel hub screw cause damage?
Yes, a faulty wheel hub screw can cause damage to the wheel hub assembly, the axle, and other components. If the wheel hub screw is loose, it can cause vibrations and noise, which can eventually lead to more serious problems.
How do I replace a wheel hub screw?
- Park the vehicle on a level surface and make sure it is in park and the parking brake is engaged.
- Remove the wheel cover or hubcap, then loosen the lug nuts.
- Remove the wheel and set it aside.
- Remove the old wheel hub screw and replace it with a new one.
- Reinstall the wheel and secure the lug nuts.
- Lower the vehicle to the ground and torque the lug nuts to the correct specification.