Windshield Wiper Linkage Pivots
Important: To get started, click the blue "Filter Options" button to select your vehicle and then use the filters to narrow your options.
Important: To get started, select your vehicle on the left and then use the filters to narrow your options.
What is a Windshield Wiper Linkage Pivot?
A Windshield Wiper Linkage Pivot is a part of the wiper linkage system that connects the wiper blades to the motor. The part is made up of two or more metal arms that pivot to move the blades across the windshield.
What is the purpose of a Windshield Wiper Linkage Pivot?
The purpose of a Windshield Wiper Linkage Pivot is to provide a connection between the wiper motor and the wiper blades. This connection allows the wiper blades to move in a controlled, predictable manner across the windshield.
How can I determine if my Windshield Wiper Linkage Pivot is faulty?
You can determine if your Windshield Wiper Linkage Pivot is faulty by:
- Checking for visible damage or wear and tear on the linkage pivot,
- Listening for any unusual noises coming from the linkage when the wipers are activated,
- Checking to see if the wipers are moving correctly, and
- Inspecting the linkage pivot for signs of corrosion or rust.
Can a faulty Windshield Wiper Linkage Pivot cause damage?
Yes, a faulty Windshield Wiper Linkage Pivot can cause damage to the wiper motor or other components of the wiper system. If the linkage pivot is not functioning correctly, it can cause the wipers to move erratically or not at all. This can lead to damage to the motor, the wipers, or other parts of the system.
How do I replace a Windshield Wiper Linkage Pivot?
Replacing a Windshield Wiper Linkage Pivot is a relatively simple task and can usually be done with basic tools. You should:
- Disconnect the negative battery cable,
- Remove the wiper arms from the wiper linkage,
- Remove the bolts or clips that hold the linkage pivot in place,
- Install the new linkage pivot and secure it with the bolts or clips,
- Reattach the wiper arms to the linkage, and
- Reconnect the negative battery cable.