A muffler is an important part of your truck’s exhaust system. It makes your vehicle sound better, saves gas, and enhances the performance of your vehicle’s engine. Most pre-installed mufflers tend to restrict the sound while limiting the performance of your system.
In this post, I’ll tell you how an aftermarket muffler such as MagnaFlow can improve performance. Whether you’re making a modification to your truck or want to replace yours, we offer the best MagnaFlow exhaust systems that suit your needs.
If you have any questions, feel free to text our team at 281-761-6097.
- About MagnaFlow
- Why you need to install a MagnaFlow exhaust on your truck
- Top-selling MagnaFlow products
- Factors to consider when buying a MagnaFlow muffler
- Frequently asked questions
MagnaFlow was established in 1981 by Jerry Paolone and is one of the best companies when it comes to trucks’ exhaust and sound technology. The company’s headquarters is based in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA. MagnaFlow has incredible efficiency, which the company keeps testing thoroughly with proven output numbers that are tuned with a dyno.
MagnaFlow exhaust systems are among the most recommended tools for truck owners looking for a muffler because of their good performance. The systems capture the exhaust gas from your truck’s cylinder and take it out of the car while minimizing harmful emissions and excessive noise.
How do mufflers work?
Mufflers have a simple design with a chamber, holes, and tubes similar to musical instruments. Sound travels in the air in waves from its source. The sound wave can be interfered with two technics, Destructive interference and Constructive interference.
In Destructive interference, the waves are usually in the outer sync phase and cancel, leading to reduced sound. In constructive interference, the waves combine and create a larger wave, resulting in a louder sound.
Note that the muffler utilizes the destructive wave to minimize sound and has metal layers for absorbing the sound. Here are some videos with different sounds:
MagnaFlow exhaust system pros and cons
The MagnaFlow exhaust system is designed to reduce backpressure and improve the performance of your engine. Below are some advantages and disadvantages of this system:
- MagnaFlow silencer eliminates power theft effects and restores performance plus torque
- Boosts the combustion engine exhaust system
- Eliminates backpressure and heat for your engine
- Has excellent high-flow architecture
- Easy to install since no welding is required
- Backpressure loss can reduce power
Why you need to install a MagnaFlow exhaust on your truck
A MagnaFlow exhaust is a great upgrade for trucks as it helps the engine remove air and used fuel faster than traditional exhausts. It also:
Swapping out your old exhaust pipes and muffler can increase the noise your vehicle generates. If you have a sporty car and want to make an entrance, invest in a muffler that adds to your exhaust a low grumble.
A new muffler can improve the performance of your entire exhaust system by eliminating backpressure and allowing more air into the system. This increases gas mileage and your engine’s performance.
Custom-engineered to suit your car
Each MagnaFlow exhaust is designed based on your car’s make, year, and model. Depending on the type of sound and performance you want, there are different systems to meet your needs.
Top-selling MagnaFlow products
MagnaFlow has a diverse product line, giving truck owners a chance to select from a wide range of products. The following table shows MagnaFlow’s catalytic converters, exhaust manifolds, exhaust systems, mufflers, and exhaust accessories suitable for your car.
Legal for use and sale in California and other 49 states
- The monolithic honeycomb catalyst design that improves the surface area for maximum flow
- Made with high precision and expertise for excellent quality and perfect functionality
- The strong bond that holds the catalyst, preventing it from loosening and shifting
- Fits most truck OEM exhaust systems
California compliant cat for Pre-OBD 2 vehicles
- Designed to fit a wide range of car applications with minimal modification
- The ribbed heat shield that promotes structural stability even during high heat intensities
- The closely welded seam that ensures the catalyst doesn’t loosen or shift inside the converter
- Constructed from strong rust-resistant steel that won’t oxidize
Available for pre-1995 and more recent models
- The honeycombed catalysts that boosts the volume of chemical reactions that break down harmful gases
- Oxygen sensors that gauges your cat’s performance to ensure it works great
- Easy installation as no welding, cutting or bending is needed
- Made from 100% stainless steel body and heat shield
The mandrel-bent tubes
- The increased internal converter surface area for maximum reaction
- Designed for a custom fit with specific truck applications
- Made with resilient oxidation and rust free stainless steel
- The unrestricted exhaust flow for improved performance
Competition series muffler
- The manufacturer’s guarantee of superior quality of parts and excellent performance
- Improves your vehicle’s performance by increasing its torque and horsepower
- Smoothens exhaust gases flow to reduce noise
- Designed with stainless steel, making it corrosion and wear-resistant
Robotically manufacturing for high precision
- No restriction to extra insulation and airflow from high exhaust temperatures
- MagnaFlow’s limited lifetime guarantee of performance and quality
- Dyno tested for weight optimization, safety and strength
- Comes with all the hardware required for installation
MagnaFlow Oval Straight-Through Performance Muffler
Designed for performance and sound
- The free-flowing, straight-through perforated stainless steel core
- The stainless mesh that wraps the acoustic fiber fill to produce a smooth tone
- Designed for specific car application for a perfect fit
- Increases your engine’s performance
MagnaFlow Round Glasspack Muffler
The reversible straight-through design
- The single stage packing that brings back that classic deep sound
- Allows smooth uninterrupted flow of exhaust gases
- Made with strong stainless steel for durability
- The easy and quick no-weld installation process
The wide diameter mandrel-bending that stays constant
- Tested for compliance with industrial standards of performance and quality
- The easy clamp-on installation with mounting clamps and hangers
- High-quality exhaust pipe that removes exhaust gases from your system
- Fits most stock manifolds and balances evenly exhaust pressure
MagnaFlow Tru-X Pipe
Matches to stock manifolds
- Designed to make custom exhaust fitments last longer and easier
- Allows the exhaust gases to pass through unrestricted without backflow
- Made with strong stainless steel for maximum durability
- The CNC precision robotic engineering
MagnaFlow U Pipe
The universal fit
- Balances exhaust pressure evenly, allowing the engine to function well
- Features a wide diameter that prevents pressure build up in the system
- Works great in improving your engine and exhaust performance
- Easy to install
MagnaFlow Y Pipe
Constructed from solid stainless steel
- Provides exceptional service in removing exhaust gases out of your system
- Manufactured with high precision for a perfect fit
- Has been tested in a series of dyno trials
- The MagnaFlow limited lifetime warranty
MagnaFlow Custom Builder Kit Stainless Steel Performance Exhaust System
The 3 inches tubing diameter
- Made with cutting-edge technology and authentic material
- Enhances your car’s torque and horsepower for improved gas mileage
- Carefully constructed for the best performance and fitment
- Rigorously tested for safety, quality and strength
MagnaFlow 90⁰ Bend
Made for custom exhaust fitments
- Designed with premium components using modern technology
- The perforated stainless steel core that insulates against blow-outs
- Cut and welded carefully to ensure your exhaust fits perfectly
- The CNC precision robotic manufacturing
Factors to consider when buying a MagnaFlow muffler
Searching for the best MagnaFlow muffler can be difficult for first-time truck owners as there are many things to pay attention to. Check out the following factors to help you make the right decision.
Exhaust system type
There are two types of exhaust systems – single and dual exhaust systems. For a single system, buy a muffler equipped with a single inlet. A silencer with a dual inlet is ideal for mufflers that have a dual exhaust system.
Exhaust pipe diameter
Ensure the exhaust diameter is the same as that of your preferred muffler inlet. The inlet diameter should also be compatible with your exhaust system.
Most mufflers are constructed with stainless or aluminized steel. If you’re on a tight budget and want something that will serve you well, choose the aluminized steel. However, opt for the stainless steel construction if you want a more durable muffler.
Area to fix your muffler
Ensure you buy a muffler that fits perfectly on your exhaust system. Don’t buy a huge muffler that will touch the road while you drive if you have a low-ride vehicle.