Back Glass Wiper Arms
Important: To get started, click the blue "Filter Options" button to select your vehicle and then use the filters to narrow your options.
Important: To get started, select your vehicle on the left and then use the filters to narrow your options.
What is a back glass wiper arm?
A back glass wiper arm is a component of a car's wiper and washer system that is responsible for holding the back glass wiper blade and moving it back and forth to clean the rear windshield.
What is the purpose of a back glass wiper arm?
The purpose of a back glass wiper arm is to clear rain, snow, and other debris from the rear windshield, improving visibility for the driver.
How can I determine if my back glass wiper arm is faulty?
Signs of a faulty back glass wiper arm may include the wiper blade not moving or functioning properly, strange noises coming from the wiper system, or visible damage or corrosion on the arm itself.
Can a faulty back glass wiper arm cause damage to my vehicle?
Yes, a faulty back glass wiper arm can cause damage to the wiper motor or the rear windshield if it is not replaced in a timely manner.
How often should I inspect my back glass wiper arm?
It is recommended that you inspect your back glass wiper arm every 6 months or whenever you notice any issues with the wiper system.
How do I replace my back glass wiper arm?
Here are the general steps for replacing a back glass wiper arm:
- Remove the old wiper arm by lifting the wiper blade away from the windshield and pressing the small tab on the underside of the arm.
- Slide the old wiper arm off the wiper motor spindle.
- Line up the new wiper arm with the wiper motor spindle and slide it on until it clicks into place.
- Lower the wiper blade back onto the windshield.
- Test the new wiper arm by turning on the wiper system and making sure it moves smoothly and effectively across the rear windshield.
Can I replace my back glass wiper arm myself?
Yes, replacing a back glass wiper arm is generally a straightforward task that can be done by most car owners with basic tools and knowledge of their vehicle. However, if you are not comfortable working on your car or if you encounter any unexpected issues during the replacement process, it is recommended that you seek the assistance of a professional mechanic.