Important: To get started, click the blue "Filter Options" button to select your vehicle and then use the filters to narrow your options.
Important: To get started, select your vehicle on the left and then use the filters to narrow your options.
What is a Multifunction Term?
A multifunction term is a type of automotive part that contains three or more functions in one component. It can be used as a switch, a resistor, and/or a capacitor.
What is the purpose of a Multifunction Term?
The purpose of a multifunction term is to provide a cost-effective, space-saving solution for automotive wiring applications. It simplifies the wiring system by combining multiple components into one.
How do I know if mine is faulty?
You can determine if your multifunction term is faulty by checking the electrical connections and components. If there are signs of corrosion, or if the wiring appears to have been damaged, then it is likely faulty and needs to be replaced.
Can a faulty Multifunction Term cause damage?
Yes, a faulty multifunction term can cause damage to other components in the electrical system, or even the entire vehicle.
How do I replace a Multifunction Term?
To replace a multifunction term, follow these steps:
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove any components connected to the term such as wiring harnesses or other electrical connections.
- Unscrew the multifunction term from the mounting bracket.
- Carefully install the new multifunction term in the same position as the old one.
- Reconnect any wiring harnesses or other electrical connections.
- Secure the multifunction term to the mounting bracket.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable.