Door Latch Cables
Important: To get started, click the blue "Filter Options" button to select your vehicle and then use the filters to narrow your options.
Important: To get started, select your vehicle on the left and then use the filters to narrow your options.
What are door latch cables?
Door latch cables are flexible cables that connect the door latch to the door handle. They are responsible for releasing the latch when the door handle is pulled.
How can I determine if my door latch cable is faulty?
To determine if your door latch cable is faulty, inspect it for broken strands, fraying, or signs of rust. If the door handle does not release the latch when pulled, the cable may be faulty.
Can a faulty door latch cable cause damage?
Yes, a faulty door latch cable can cause damage to the door latch and the door handle. In some cases, it can also cause the door to not close properly.
How do I replace a door latch cable?
- Open the door panel and remove the screws that hold the door latch in place.
- Disconnect the cable from the latch and handle.
- Install the new cable into the latch and handle.
- Reattach the door panel and secure the screws.
- Test the door handle to make sure the latch is releasing correctly.