Door Window Belt Weatherstrips
Important: To get started, click the blue "Filter Options" button to select your vehicle and then use the filters to narrow your options.
Important: To get started, select your vehicle on the left and then use the filters to narrow your options.
What is a Door Window Belt Weatherstrip?
A Door Window Belt Weatherstrip is a rubber or vinyl weatherstrip that runs along the door frame and seals the window to the door. It seals out drafts, dirt and water and helps maintain a comfortable interior temperature.
How do I determine if mine is faulty?
Inspect the Door Window Belt Weatherstrip for any signs of wear, such as cracking, crumbling, or holes. Additionally, check if the strip is loose or too tight. If either of these conditions are present, the Door Window Belt Weatherstrip is likely faulty and should be replaced.
Can a faulty Door Window Belt Weatherstrip cause damage?
Yes, a faulty Door Window Belt Weatherstrip can cause damage. If it is loose or too tight, it can cause the window to not seat properly, which can lead to leaks and damage to the door frame.
How do I replace a Door Window Belt Weatherstrip?
Replacing a Door Window Belt Weatherstrip is a relatively simple job. Here are the steps:
- Remove the old strip by pulling it away from the door frame.
- Clean the door frame with a soft cloth and mild detergent to remove any dirt, dust, or debris.
- Measure the length of the old strip and cut the new strip to the same length.
- Attach the new strip to the door frame and press it in place making sure it is secure.
- Test the new strip to make sure it is firmly in place and properly sealing the window.