Important: To get started, click the blue "Filter Options" button to select your vehicle and then use the filters to narrow your options.
Important: To get started, select your vehicle on the left and then use the filters to narrow your options.
What is an emission component?
An emission component is a part in an automotive engine that controls the emission of pollutants from the exhaust.
What is the purpose of an emission component?
The purpose of an emission component is to reduce the amount of pollutants released into the environment by the vehicle’s exhaust.
How can I tell if my emission component is faulty?
If your emission component is faulty, you may notice that your vehicle is running poorly, has decreased fuel economy, or is emitting visible smoke from the tailpipe.
Can a faulty emission component cause damage?
Yes, a faulty emission component can cause damage to your vehicle. It can lead to increased fuel consumption, increased emissions, and damage to other parts of the engine.
How do I replace an emission component?
Replacing an emission component is not a difficult task, but it does require some knowledge of automotive systems. Here are the steps for replacing an emission component:
- Locate the faulty component and disconnect the wiring harness.
- Loosen the bolts that hold the component in place.
- Remove the component from the engine.
- Install the new component and connect the wiring harness.
- Secure the component with the bolts and tighten them.
- Start the engine and check for proper operation.