Headlight Level Sensors
Important: To get started, click the blue "Filter Options" button to select your vehicle and then use the filters to narrow your options.
Important: To get started, select your vehicle on the left and then use the filters to narrow your options.
What is a headlight level sensor?
A headlight level sensor is a part of a vehicle's suspension and lighting system. It is responsible for monitoring the headlight's angle and level in order to maintain optimal lighting when driving.
What are symptoms of a faulty headlight level sensor?
Signs of a faulty headlight level sensor include headlights that are misaligned, flickering, or not illuminating at the correct angle when driving.
Can a faulty headlight level sensor cause damage to my vehicle?
Yes, a faulty headlight level sensor can cause damage to your vehicle. Misaligned headlights can cause decreased visibility, which can lead to an accident.
How do I inspect my headlight level sensor?
1) Park your vehicle on a flat surface.
2) Turn on the headlights and observe the angle and level of the beams.
3) If they are misaligned, flickering, or not illuminating correctly, the sensor may be faulty.
How do I replace a headlight level sensor?
1) Lift the hood and locate the headlight level sensor.
2) Disconnect the electrical connectors and remove the sensor.
3) Install the new sensor and reconnect the electrical connectors.
4) Test the headlights to ensure they are operating correctly.
How often should I inspect my headlight level sensor?
It is recommended that you inspect your headlight level sensor every six months or at least once a year.