HVAC Heater Control Valves
Important: To get started, click the blue "Filter Options" button to select your vehicle and then use the filters to narrow your options.
Important: To get started, select your vehicle on the left and then use the filters to narrow your options.
What is an HVAC Heater Control Valve?
An HVAC Heater Control Valve is a component of the vehicle's heating and air conditioning system. It regulates the flow of hot coolant from the engine to the heater core in order to heat the interior of the vehicle.
What are the signs of a faulty HVAC Heater Control Valve?
The signs of a faulty HVAC Heater Control Valve include:
- Poor or no air flow from the heater vents
- Poor heating of the interior
- An unusual odor coming from the vents
- A rattling or buzzing noise coming from the heater controls
Can a faulty HVAC Heater Control Valve cause damage?
Yes, a faulty HVAC Heater Control Valve can cause damage. If the valve fails to open, coolant can back up and cause the engine to overheat.
How do I replace an HVAC Heater Control Valve?
Replacing an HVAC Heater Control Valve is a job best left to a professional. However, if you're familiar with basic automotive repair, the steps are as follows:
- Disconnect the negative battery cable
- Drain the coolant
- Locate the valve and disconnect any hoses or wiring
- Remove the valve and install the new one
- Reattach the hoses and wiring
- Refill the coolant
- Reconnect the negative battery cable