Power Steering Control Modules
Important: To get started, click the blue "Filter Options" button to select your vehicle and then use the filters to narrow your options.
Important: To get started, select your vehicle on the left and then use the filters to narrow your options.
What is a Power Steering Control Module?
A Power Steering Control Module is an electronic component that helps regulate the power steering system in a car. It monitors the steering wheel angle, the speed of the vehicle, and the torque on the steering wheel to ensure that the power steering is functioning properly.
How can I determine if my Power Steering Control Module is faulty?
If you are experiencing any of the following issues with your power steering, it may be an indication that your Power Steering Control Module is faulty:
- Erratic power steering,
- Difficulty turning the wheel,
- Unusual noises when turning the wheel,
- Reduced responsiveness of the power steering, or
- Warning lights on the dashboard.
Can a faulty Power Steering Control Module cause damage?
Yes, if the Power Steering Control Module is not functioning properly, it can cause damage to other components of the power steering system. This can lead to further damage to other parts of the vehicle.
How do I replace a Power Steering Control Module?
Replacing a Power Steering Control Module is a complex task and should only be undertaken by an experienced mechanic. The steps for replacing the module include:
- Removing the power steering system from the vehicle,
- Disconnecting the battery,
- Removing the old module and installing the new one, and
- Reconnecting the power steering system and battery.