Important: To get started, click the blue "Filter Options" button to select your vehicle and then use the filters to narrow your options.
Important: To get started, select your vehicle on the left and then use the filters to narrow your options.
What is a sunroof motor?
A sunroof motor is an electric motor responsible for opening and closing your vehicle's sunroof.
How do I know if my sunroof motor is faulty?
If your sunroof won't open or close, there is a good chance that the motor is faulty. You can also inspect the motor for signs of damage, such as corrosion or loose wires.
Can a faulty sunroof motor cause damage to my vehicle?
Yes, a faulty sunroof motor can cause damage to other components of your vehicle, such as the sunroof track.
How do I replace a sunroof motor?
Replacing a sunroof motor requires some mechanical knowledge and tools. For best results, consult your vehicle's manual or a professional mechanic. Generally, you will need to:
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Remove the sunroof and track assembly.
- Disconnect the electrical wiring harness.
- Remove the old sunroof motor.
- Install the new sunroof motor.
- Reconnect the electrical wiring harness.
- Replace the sunroof and track assembly.
- Reconnect the negative battery terminal.