Suspension Yaw Sensors
Important: To get started, click the blue "Filter Options" button to select your vehicle and then use the filters to narrow your options.
Important: To get started, select your vehicle on the left and then use the filters to narrow your options.
What is a suspension yaw sensor?
A suspension yaw sensor is an electronic component mounted to the suspension of a vehicle that is used to measure the yaw angle of the vehicle. It works in conjunction with other components to help control the stability and handling of the vehicle.
What does a suspension yaw sensor do?
A suspension yaw sensor helps maintain a vehicle's stability and handling by providing information about the yaw angle of the vehicle. This information is used by the vehicle's electronic stability control system to adjust the brakes and engine power to help stabilize the vehicle and improve its handling.
How do I know if my suspension yaw sensor is faulty?
There are a few signs that can indicate a faulty suspension yaw sensor. These include:
- The vehicle's stability control system is not functioning correctly.
- The vehicle's brakes may be applied unevenly.
- The vehicle may experience excessive body roll or sway when cornering.
- The vehicle may experience reduced traction or grip when cornering.
Can a faulty suspension yaw sensor cause damage to the vehicle?
Yes, a faulty suspension yaw sensor can cause damage to the vehicle. If the sensor is not providing accurate information to the electronic stability control system, this can lead to excessive wear and tear on the brakes and suspension components, as well as reduced handling and stability.
How do I replace a suspension yaw sensor?
Replacing a suspension yaw sensor requires some mechanical knowledge and should only be attempted by an experienced mechanic. The steps for replacing a suspension yaw sensor are as follows:
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the wheel and tire assembly.
- Disconnect the suspension yaw sensor wiring harness.
- Unbolt the suspension yaw sensor from the suspension.
- Install the new suspension yaw sensor.
- Reconnect the wiring harness.
- Reinstall the wheel and tire assembly.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable.
How often should I inspect my suspension yaw sensor?
It is recommended to inspect your suspension yaw sensor at least once a year or whenever there are signs of wear and tear. It is also important to inspect the wiring harness and connections to ensure they are in good condition.