Washer Fluid Level Sensors
Important: To get started, click the blue "Filter Options" button to select your vehicle and then use the filters to narrow your options.
Important: To get started, select your vehicle on the left and then use the filters to narrow your options.
What is a Washer Fluid Level Sensor?
A Washer Fluid Level Sensor is a component on a vehicle's wiper and washer system that detects the amount of washer fluid in the tank and will alert the driver when the fluid is low.
What are the symptoms of a faulty Washer Fluid Level Sensor?
If the Washer Fluid Level Sensor is faulty, it can cause a variety of issues with the wiper and washer system, including:
- The low washer fluid warning light on the dashboard will not come on, even when the tank is running low.
- The washer fluid will not be sprayed onto the windshield when the wipers are activated.
- The wiper speed will not adjust automatically when the headlights are activated.
Can a faulty Washer Fluid Level Sensor cause further damage?
Yes, if the Washer Fluid Level Sensor is faulty, it can lead to further damage to the wiper and washer system, as the other components may not be receiving the correct signals from the sensor.
How do I replace the Washer Fluid Level Sensor?
Replacing the Washer Fluid Level Sensor is a fairly straightforward process and can be done with basic tools in most cases.
- Locate the Washer Fluid Level Sensor, which is usually found on the outside of the washer fluid tank.
- Disconnect the wiring harness connected to the sensor.
- Unscrew the old Washer Fluid Level Sensor and remove it.
- Install the new Washer Fluid Level Sensor, and tighten the screws to secure it in place.
- Reconnect the wiring harness.