Important: To get started, click the blue "Filter Options" button to select your vehicle and then use the filters to narrow your options.
Important: To get started, select your vehicle on the left and then use the filters to narrow your options.
What is a window guide?
A window guide is a track located within the door panel of a vehicle. It helps guide the window up and down as it is operated.
What is the purpose of a window guide?
The purpose of a window guide is to provide a smooth, consistent movement of the window as it is raised or lowered. It also helps keep the window from becoming misaligned.
What are the signs of a faulty window guide?
Signs of a faulty window guide can include:
- The window making a grinding sound when it is operated;
- Difficulty in raising or lowering the window;
- The window becoming misaligned; and
- The window becoming stuck in the closed or open position.
Can a faulty window guide cause damage?
Yes, if the window guide is not working properly, it can cause damage to the window, the window guide, and even other parts of the vehicle.
How do you replace a window guide?
Replacing a window guide requires the following steps:
- Remove the door panel;
- Disconnect the window regulator;
- Remove the faulty window guide;
- Install the new window guide;
- Reconnect the window regulator; and
- Reattach the door panel.