Important: To get started, click the blue "Filter Options" button to select your vehicle and then use the filters to narrow your options.
Important: To get started, select your vehicle on the left and then use the filters to narrow your options.
What is a Distributor O-Ring?
A Distributor O-Ring is a circular piece of rubber that is used as a seal between the distributor housing and the cap on the distributor.
What is the purpose of a Distributor O-Ring?
The purpose of a Distributor O-Ring is to create an air-tight seal between the distributor housing and the cap to prevent air and moisture from entering the distributor and causing damage.
How can I determine if my Distributor O-Ring is faulty?
If your Distributor O-Ring is faulty, you may notice a buildup of moisture or oil in the distributor cap, or a burning smell coming from the distributor.
Can a faulty Distributor O-Ring cause damage?
Yes, a faulty Distributor O-Ring can cause damage to the distributor cap, rotor, and spark plugs if moisture or oil is allowed to enter the distributor.
How do I replace a Distributor O-Ring?
To replace a Distributor O-Ring:
- Remove the distributor cap and rotor from the distributor.
- Unscrew and remove the old Distributor O-Ring from the distributor housing.
- Apply a thin layer of lubricant to the new Distributor O-Ring.
- Screw the new Distributor O-Ring into the distributor housing.
- Reattach the distributor cap and rotor to the distributor.