Distributor and Magneto
Important: To get started, click the blue "Filter Options" button to select your vehicle and then use the filters to narrow your options.
Important: To get started, select your vehicle on the left and then use the filters to narrow your options.
What is a Distributor and Magneto?
A distributor and magneto are components of an ignition system. The distributor is responsible for routing high voltage from the ignition coil to the spark plugs in the correct firing order. The magneto is an electromagnet that helps to create the spark for the spark plugs.
How do I determine if my Distributor and Magneto are faulty?
You can check for faults in your distributor and magneto by inspecting the distributor cap and rotor for signs of wear and tear, checking for any loose connections, and listening for any strange noises coming from the ignition system.
Can a faulty Distributor and Magneto cause damage?
Yes, a faulty distributor and magneto can cause damage to the engine, such as misfires, poor fuel economy, and even engine failure if left unchecked.
How do I replace a Distributor and Magneto?
Replacing the Distributor and Magneto requires the following steps:
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the distributor cap and rotor.
- Disconnect any electrical connections and remove the distributor.
- Install the new distributor and magneto in the same orientation as the old one.
- Connect any electrical connections and reattach the distributor cap and rotor.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable.