Steering Column Covers
Important: To get started, click the blue "Filter Options" button to select your vehicle and then use the filters to narrow your options.
Important: To get started, select your vehicle on the left and then use the filters to narrow your options.
What is a steering column cover?
A steering column cover is a protective cover that fits around the steering column of a vehicle. It is designed to protect the column from dirt, debris and other environmental factors that can damage the column.
How do I know if my steering column cover is faulty?
There are a few signs that may indicate that your steering column cover is faulty. These include:
- Visible cracks or tears in the cover.
- Loose connections or missing pieces.
- Unusual noises when turning the steering wheel.
- Worn out gaskets or seals.
Can a faulty steering column cover cause damage?
Yes, a faulty steering column cover can cause damage to the steering column and other components of the vehicle's steering system. It can also lead to a loss of steering control and an increased risk of accidents.
How often should I inspect my steering column cover?
We recommend inspecting your steering column cover at least once a year, or whenever you have your vehicle serviced.
How do I replace a steering column cover?
Replacing a steering column cover is a relatively simple process. Here are the steps:
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the steering wheel and the airbag.
- Unscrew the mounting bolts and detach the steering column from the vehicle.
- Remove the old steering column cover.
- Install the new steering column cover and reattach the steering column.
- Reinstall the airbag and the steering wheel.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable.