Turbocharger, Supercharger and Ram Air
Important: To get started, click the blue "Filter Options" button to select your vehicle and then use the filters to narrow your options.
Important: To get started, select your vehicle on the left and then use the filters to narrow your options.
What is a Turbocharger, Supercharger and Ram Air?
A turbocharger, supercharger and ram air are devices used to deliver additional air to an engine to increase power. A turbocharger is a turbine-driven device that forces additional air into the engine. A supercharger is a belt-driven device that compresses air and forces it into the engine. A ram air system uses the natural flow of air to increase the power of the engine.
How do I determine if mine is faulty?
If you suspect your turbocharger, supercharger, or ram air is faulty, you should perform the following steps:
- Inspect the components of the system for visible signs of damage or wear.
- Check the pressure of the turbocharger or supercharger with a pressure gauge.
- Inspect the air filter to ensure it is clean and free of obstruction.
- Check the engine performance to see if it is operating efficiently.
Can a faulty one cause damage?
Yes, if a turbocharger, supercharger, or ram air system is faulty, it can cause damage to your engine. A faulty system can cause a lack of power, an increase in fuel consumption, and can even lead to engine failure.
How do I replace Turbocharger, Supercharger and Ram Air?
Replacing a turbocharger, supercharger, or ram air system requires special tools and knowledge. It is recommended that you consult a professional mechanic to ensure the job is done correctly. The steps to replace the system are as follows:
- Remove the air intake system, air filter, and other components of the system.
- Disconnect the wiring harness and remove the turbocharger, supercharger, or ram air system.
- Install the new turbocharger, supercharger, or ram air system.
- Reconnect the wiring harness and reassemble the air intake system.